Base Mapping of Greely for Consumer Gas
GeoSolutions Consulting compiled topographic mapping and engineering bases for use in construction and installation of natural gas pipelines. Source data was compiled from high resolution air photos which were scanned, georeferenced and used for on-screen digitizing.
To provide digital base mapping at 1:10,000 scale of Greely Ontario. The data was used in engineering plans for the construction of new residential services.
- 1:10,000 Air Photos of Greely - Current air photos where scanned and geographically referenced using I/RASC.
- Consumers Gas Symbology Library - To aid in the creation of digital data that could be quickly integrated with existing data a symbology library and a description of data standards was provided by Consumers
- 1:10,000 Aerial photos were scanned as 256 gray scale images.
- Images were mosaiced and georeferenced in MicroStation using I/RASC.
- Base features such as building footprints, driveways, sidewalks, telephone poles, streams, culverts and roadways were captured, using heads-up digitizing techniques.
- This base mapping was then delivered to Consumers Gas to be used in gas-line route planning and mapping for future expansion.
Heads-Up Digitizing - Building footprints, driveways, roadways, etc. are captured directly from georeferenced airphotos